Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Creamy Crockpot Chicken & Rice

Because my schedule allows for approximately zero minutes a day to cook or even meal prep, I am a HUGE fan of crockpot cooking. I am also pretty terrible at remembering to take pictures of the process of meal prep, but do often end up taking pictures of the finished product- which are never very fancy and come straight from my iPhone. In general, my approach to cooking is a pretty semi-homemade one. I really enjoy cooking, but I also have other things going on in my life and am definitely not about to spend an extra twenty minutes I could use to sleep later on making my own homemade fresh noodles. Sorry not sorry bout it.

As a general rule, I try to keep ingredients as fresh and healthy as possible, but sometimes you need to make a meal with the boxes/cans in the back of your pantry, and let's be honest- those are never the healthiest options. As such, this meal is definitely hearty and filling, easy to prep, and delicious. Notice how healthy is missing from that last sentence- because calling it healthy would be a lie.

Regardless, here is my latest crockpot creation- Creamy Crockpot Chicken & Rice.

You will need:
1 cup baby carrots (these were fresh and only added because I had them!)
1 box Uncle Ben's rice (feel free to use whatever flavor you like- I had Broccoli Au Gratin on hand)
1 seasoning packet from Uncle Ben's rice box
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
2 cans of water
2-4 chicken breasts (I used 3 frozen breasts, because I am cooking for 3 people)
Salt& Pepper to taste

I have a six-quart slow cooker that I use for everything. (Actually, I have two of them. Whatever.)
I poured the rice into the slow cooker, dumped 1 can of cream of mushroom on top of it, then added the carrots and chicken breasts. After adding those, I poured in the cans of water and sprinkled the seasoning packet on top of the chicken breasts, then covered the chicken with the other can of cream of mushroom and added pepper. Done, son.

Then I threw (okay, placed gently) the lid on the crockpot and set it to high for 4 hours. Then I came home, took the lid off, stirred, and sat down to a nice home-cooked meal with my roommate and boyfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment